Stress and Excessive Sweat
Since 1992, The Health Resource Network has celebrated Stress Awareness Month every April. Their mission is to spread awareness about the causes and cures for the modern stress epidemic across the United States.
April 19th is Stress Awareness Day! Although Certain Dri strives to provide antiperspirant for people all year, on this day our mission is to spread awareness about tips on how to manage the symptoms of stress. Like sweat!
How to Manage Stress
- Aim to calm the stressful emotions: We know this is easier said than done, but like most things, practice helps! Take a few deep breaths, go for a walk around the building, or say some positive affirmations out loud that will relieve you of the feelings causing your sweat glands to react.
- Find something outside of work to release your stress build-up: A hobby, exercise or a weekly group that gets together to talk. That way stress won’t get so bottled up.
Tips for Excessive Sweat
While we can only do so much to manage our body’s emotional reactions, we can remember a few things in order to keep our sweat glands less active, thus less prone to sweating excessively.
- Skip the spicy foods; they tend to activate sweat glands.
- If possible, avoid beverages that have high caffeine content, like coffee. We know this is a tough one, don’t worry you don’t have to quit cold turkey. Try your best to skip on days that you really want to control the sweat.
- Wear breathable fabrics like cotton or linens that are light in color. Black clothing and silk is not your friend when trying to manage sweat!
- Have a quality antiperspirant that has a formula that works for your skin sensitivity and the rate of how much you sweat per day. We don’t all sweat the same, that’s why Certain Dri has three different strengths to choose from.
We hope these tips are helpful to you and your stress symptoms. Click here to learn more about how to manage excessive sweat!