- active = 'one', 50)" @mouseleave="debounce(() => active = '', 100)" > Antiperspirants
- active = 'two', 50)" @mouseleave="debounce(() => active = '', 100)" > Body Powders
- active = 'three', 50)" @mouseleave="debounce(() => active = '', 100)" > Sweat 101
- Helpful Links
- The Certain Dri Difference
- Buy Now
Deodorant vs Antiperspirant
What's the difference between deodorant and antiperspirant?
Though their names are often used interchangeably, deodorants and antiperspirants play very different roles in combating body odor and reducing sweat. A common myth is that sweat is responsible for body odor. Underarm body odor is caused by a combination of fat and protein in your sweat mixing with bacteria on your skin. Deodorant contains antibacterial agents which help to reduce the odor the bacteria produces. Meanwhile, antiperspirants contain aluminum salts which temporarily plug the pores, subsequently reducing sweat.
5 details about antiperspirants and deodorants
- Deodorants are designed to mask odor, not block sweat.
- Antiperspirants are designed to prevent sweat by clogging the pores, not necessarily to stop odor. Don’t be alarmed – nature simply and safely redistributes the perspiration to other surfaces of the skin.
- For best practices in managing both excessive sweating and odor, use a combination of antiperspirant and deodorant.
- Neither antiperspirants nor deodorants have been proven to be linked to cancer.
- So-called sweat stains may actually be caused by antiperspirants or deodorants when they are applied improperly, rather than by actual sweat. After application, wait for the product to absorb into the skin and dry.
Antiperspirants work best while you sleep to stop sweat the next day. You sweat less at night, allowing the antiperspirant to absorb into your pores for sweat protection the next day.
- Apply at night to completely dry, non-irritated underarms.
- Can be reapplied in the morning for an extra layer of freshness and protection
Stop sweat before it starts
Certain Dri offers several treatment options each formulated to provide clinical strength sweat protection to stop sweat before it starts.
Find the Certain Dri product that’s right for you:
NEW Prescription Strength Dry Spray
Extra Fresh invisible dry spray deodorant goes on instantly dry for a cleaner feel
Maximum strength antiperspirant formulated with the most effective ingredient you can buy without a prescription
Extra effective antiperspirant + deodorant that may be more gentle on sensitive skin
Effective all day protection against odor and sweating